Engaging News: Christchurch’s digital transformation & “Smart” language
A weekly update of citizengage news from around the world.
- Zoe Eather writes about shifting language & logo from smart cities to smart communities for the Smart Communities Podcast, aiming for better inclusion of citizens & concepts shard via the podcast.
- Did you know about the Sydney Policy Lab? Where Sydney citizens are coming together to strengthen democracy, reduce spiralling inequality and help empower communities to shape their own future.
- Interested in going to workshops run at the new Colab in Sydney? Check their eventbrite for dates & details.
- Christchurch City Council is working on their digital transformation agenda.
- Wellington students headed to Wellington City Council this week for a Youth Summit which will help develop a framework focusing on the needs of young people.
- Open Government UK has released a report on Accountability in Modern Government: Recommendations for Change‘ which outlines seven recommendations to move forward.
SOLGM – Community and Engagement Forum in Wellington next week.
Trust in Government Summit – Canberra, 19 – 22 November 2018.
Smart City Expo World Congress – Barcelona, November 13-15th 2018. 8.
5th Annual 2019 Digital Disruption X Summit Program is now available.
State Projects using EngageTech
The Information and Privacy Commission recently released their Charter for Public Participation – a guide to assist agencies and promote citizen engagement.
The City of Canterbury Bankstown is seeking comment on the draft Smart CBCity Roadmap – via online survey, email or posted submissions.
Last week we held the EngageTech Forum NSW in Sydney! Participants will receive a post event report in the next couple of weeks, and look out for our post event blog.
That’s the best industry news for the week. Head over to the engage2 Blog for more news, thoughts and handy resources.
Thanks for reading
Hannah and the engage2 Team