engage2 is hiring a casual Engagement Coordinator
The engage2 team is growing, so we are hiring!
Are you interested in, or know someone interested in opening government, working toward sustainability, social impact and improving democratic practices in Australia? Apply here!
Job description: Engagement Coordinator
- Coordinating event logistics
- Desktop research and stakeholder analysis
- Management of social media channel and website updates
- Provide general support for Amelia and the engage2 team
- Some volunteer experience
- Some professional work experience
- Degree in a related area or be just about to graduate
- Your confidence matches your competence
- You’re passionate about sustainability and have some experience working toward it
- You’re a good listener, curious about society and the planet and keen learn new things
- You’re articulate and can share your opinion on things in a coherent and considerate way
- You’ve an interest and knowledge about community consultation, engagement and open government
- You’ve some insight into how technology is changing the way we engage with each other and build community
- You’re competent at using most office software programs, website HTML editors and excited to learn about new technologies
- You believe in public service and that governments, including the bureaucracy, play a key role in serving our society & democracy
- You will learn how to work with government and respond to requests for services
- July will be 15 hours per month – we have an exciting project for you to work on at Google!
- $40/hr at a minimum of 10 hours per fortnight – plus additional hours when engage2 is delivering projects for clients
- Work from home, the library, coffee shop or beach – we don’t mind as long as you deliver what you say you will / can on time
- Training and mentoring provided in anticipation to working with Google and in all aspects of running a service business and community engagement
If we’re impressed by you we will also offer your services to our clients and support you to develop skills and apply them to projects that are opening government, working toward sustainability, social impact and improving democratic practices in Australia.