July 20, 2018 In Engaging News
Engaging News 20.07.2018
- Join our interactive EngageTech Forum for government staff in Wellington on August 28 and Sydney on November 1. This is an engagement technology showcase and workshop, in a no-sell environment, with stories and experiences as the focus. Tickets available now.
- Open data & “data from community” are important considerations when designing government services & policy. Listen to Amelia Loye as she talks about opening up govt through sharing the data collected in consultations.
- The “What’s New engage2” monthly newsletter came out this week. To keep up-to-date with engage2’s work in Evolving Democracy, EngageTech, civictech and community consultation, click the subscribe link at the bottom of the page.
Engagement in World News
- This week the Open Government Partnership Global Summit took place in Tbilisi, Georgia, focusing on civic engagement, fighting against corruption, and public service delivery. OGP have rounded up 10 things to watch out for during the week.
- The RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) and Involve UK are starting a national campaign to make deliberative democracy part of the British government system. Specific requests are to have at least 3 national citizens’ assemblies each year on key issues of contemporary concern and the creation of a ‘what works centre’ for deliberative democracy.
- An amazing summary of the Code for Victoria, Code for Australia & APS Innovation initiative, where designers worked alongside Government of Victoria to innovate systems, & distilled these 8 factors leading to their success.
- DFAT is encouraging partner organisations to contribute case studies on how they are helping meet the sustainable development goals.
- The Happening is happening in Sydney, July 28-29. This is the third year for the event, after California and the Netherlands, and brings together people passionate about collaborative design and transformational impact.
Thanks for reading! Head over to the engage2 ThinkSpace for more news, thoughts and handy resources.
Hannah and the engage2 Team