Engaging News 27.7.2018
Every week engage2 finds the best & latest stories of our industry interests and share them as a weekly round up here, and via our Twitter feeds – @engage2govern & @emotivate during the week.
Speaking from our successful Evolving Democracy event, Tom Burton from The Mandarin AUS shares with Amelia Loye his views of public sector & citizen engagement.
Great to see engage2 featured on the GovHack Australia website about our Evolving Democracy event Vivid Ideas.
Here’s a short vid of Amelia speaking with D21 about how designing cities using citizen engagement & democratic participation creates better places to live.
- Finland continues show how EngageTech is adopted in diverse ways across a country, including the city of Järvenpää designing an app targeting engagement with young people.
- Australia is ranked 2nd in the 2018 UN e-government rankings, and 7th in e-participation, with NZ 8th & 6th respectively. Republic of Korea, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, UK & Japan all feature on both top 10 lists.
- Living Labs (for smart cities) from Denmark spoke about their work to a Brisbane audience, (video).
- #OneTeamGovGlobal ran an unconference with 700 people! (podcast).
- The 1st World Forum of Intermediary Cities (50,000 – 1 million population) was held this month, and focussed on participation of citizens and reaching SDG goals.
- There is a free online webinar on July 31, about Deliberative Democracy with RSA Australia and NZ fellows.
- Smart Cities Week Early Bird tickets are closing soon.
Want more? Head over to the engage2 Blog for more news, thoughts and handy resources.
Thanks for reading,
Hannah and the engage2 Team